Tuesday, July 3, 2007

What I'll miss this 4th

As I sit and think about what the fourth used to mean to me, big family bbq's at my sister in laws house. Playing with all the kids, cooking our famous traditional recipies I find myself only able to celebrate through blogs and emails, they keep us close in contact but as I stare at the pics of my favorite pink house all decorated in red-white and blue I can see myself sitting on the porch, or on one of the dining room chairs. Helping with the deviled eggs, stuffed mushrooms and I'm sure one or two casserole dishes filled with potato casserole.. Hell I'd even settle for a few poopy diapers.. Changing them for her that is.. I can watch from a distance and hope that even though there are thousands of miles between us my heart is right there next to her.

Dealing with the smartasses and the fighting and the criticizing from people who shouldn't cast any stones themselved..

Happy fourth of July! Wish I was there

2 comments:

Amy~~ said...

You'll always be here with me,there is never a single holiday that goes by that I don't miss you guys.((((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Duchess Jamie the Contrite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title